"By 2025, together with partners worldwide, we aim to see a Bible translation programme begun in all the remaining languages that need one."
They've waited long enough... for God's Word in their language!
Nearly 2,000 of the world's 6,900 languages do not have even one verse of God's word.
Millions of people still wait for a translation of the Scriptures. And while these people wait, they are cut off from fully understanding God's love and God's ways.
- Church planters can't effectively share the Gospel and disciple new Christians without God's Word.
- Christian radio can't beam Scripture into remote areas unless it has been translated.
- Evangelism, training, worship—all ministries are hampered unless people have a Bible they can really understand.
The Job Before Us
Today, 2,798 languages have some Scriptures or the entire Bible. Over 1,537 Bible translation projects are in progress worldwide. However,1,967 additional language groups, for whom no translation has even begun, need Scripture that speaks to their hearts.
It's time to change the pace. They've waited long enough! Vision 2025 is a bold call to action and commitment; it's finding creative ways of working and a willingness to take risks.
There are several key aspects to Vision 2025:
- Partnerships: Working in unity with other organizations to jointly do the job.
- Training: Equipping Wycliffe's staff with the skills to equip others.
- Urgency: Getting the task done more quickly than the status quo will permit.
- Vision-sharing: Motivating God's Church everywhere -- at home and in field countries -- to further Bible translation.
- Sustainability: Establishing translation projects that continue beyond Wycliffe's involvement.
"Vision 2025... is an attitude that says, 'We are ready to be servants in His hands to serve the nations of the world with His Word. We are ready to change in whatever way He wants us to change...' "
Dr. John Watters, former Executive Director of Wycliffe Global Alliance
A Vision For You
Vision 2025 can be your vision too.