A different way of doing mission where your church is central and plays a key role. You get to know and love the people being reached.
Five things that linking up means:
1. Choice. You choose a "bite-sized" piece of the task that was given to the world-wide Church by Jesus himself.
2. Commitment. You commit yourselves to the birth and/or growth of a local church which can evangelise its own people. For some UK churches this commitment will be for a fixed period of time. For others, it may be until the entire task is complete.
3. Co-operation. Other churches and believers may be focusing on your selected group, and you will be more effective if you co-operate with them. Likewise, you will need to partner with one or more mission agencies.
4. Closeness. This approach will work best if you get to know your unreached group intimately, allowing them into your hearts and into the lifeblood of your church's daily prayers.
5. Change. But change never comes without some work. You may well find yourselves involved in some or all of the following:
- Praying, praying, praying.
- Visiting the people group in their local situation and those working amongst them to gather information to report back to your church.
- Liasing with a mission agency in the overseas situation to help develop an effective strategy.
- Identifying God's specially prepared people to visit and support the team working amongst the people group.
- Providing short term practical assistance using the gifts and talents of your fellowship in response to the needs of your people group. This may include assisting in the training of local Christian leaders.
- Securing funds for the work from outside as well as from initiatives within your church.
- Hosting and encouraging members of the overseas people group or those working amongst them who are in the UK at any time.
- Linking with a church or group of churches in your focus country which share a similar concern for reaching your people group.
InFocus is a different way of doing mission. One where your church is central and plays a key role. One where YOU get to know and love the people being reached.
For a full InFocus information pack call the office on 01494 682251 during office hours or email InFocus_uk@wycliffe.org.