Wycliffe Bible Translators is looking for a Communications Officer to join its Advocacy Team in its Supporter Engagement Department. This role can be based at either Wycliffe’s Saunderton office, near High Wycombe, or its Belfast office. This page contains all the information you need to apply for this role.
1.5 billion people are still waiting
For over 60 years, we’ve been pioneering and innovating, working alongside communities, creating partnerships, and training local people to translate the Bible.
Today Wycliffe Bible Translators is engaged with 326 minority language groups around the world that make up 469 million people, but globally 1.5 billion people are still waiting for the complete Bible in a language they understand well.
The Communications Officer plays an important part of the Advocacy team, producing written materials and tools for use across a range of platforms, both internally and externally, online and offline. Through these resources individuals across the UK will come to know of the need for Bible translation, and can choose whether they should pray, give or go overseas with Wycliffe.
If Wycliffe’s vision is a cause you can champion and this position fits your skills, values and experience, then we would love to hear from you.
All documents you need to refer to are attached below. If an informal conversation about the role would help, please e-mail Alf Thompson to arrange one. Your application should include:
- A covering letter, of no more than two pages in total, summarising your reasons for applying and explaining your ability to fulfil the Aims of the Role and meet the Person Specification.
- A completed Candidate Information Form.
- A full CV, including educational qualifications and full employment history, with a particular focus on experience and skills relevant to this role.
Your application should be sent to Andrew Sweet (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 27th August at 11:30pm. All applications will be treated as confidential.
We will shortlist for interview by Monday 3rd September. Should you be shortlisted we will invite you for interview on:
- 17th and 18th September in Belfast
- 19th and 20th September in at Saunderton, near High Wycombe
Thank you for considering this role and please join us in prayer as we seek God’s wisdom in appointing the right candidate for this post.