Wycliffe Bible Translators is looking for a Communications Specialist to join its Advocacy Team in its Supporter Engagement Department. This role can be based at either Wycliffe’s Saunderton office, near High Wycombe, or its Belfast office. This page contains all the information you need to apply for this role.
1.5 billion people are still waiting
For over 60 years, we’ve been pioneering and innovating, working alongside communities, creating partnerships, and training local people to translate the Bible.
Today Wycliffe Bible Translators is engaged with 326 minority language groups around the world that make up 469 million people, but globally 1.5 billion people are still waiting for the complete Bible in a language they understand well. As part of Wycliffe’s response to this need, we’re growing our Supporter Engagement Department.
The Communications Specialist plays an important part in the Advocacy Team through producing written materials through which supporters can journey with Wycliffe. There’s great variety of work involved, from oveseeing the monthly email newsletter to writing press releases and articles; helping other departments to fulfil their communication needs and providing training on effective communication.
If Wycliffe’s vision is a cause you can champion and the position fits your skills, values and experience, then we would love to hear from you.
All documents you need to refer to are attached below. If an informal conversation about the role would help, please e-mail Andrew Sweet (email@example.com) to arrange one. Your application should include:
- A covering letter, of no more than two pages in total, summarising your reasons for applying and explaining your ability to fulfil the Aims of the Role and meet the Person Specification.
- A completed Candidate Information Form.
- A full CV, including educational qualifications and full employment history, with a particular focus on experience and skills relevant to this role.
Your application should be sent to Andrew Sweet (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:30pm on Wednesday 28th February. All applications will be treated as confidential.
We will shortlist for interview by Tuesday 6th March. Should you be shortlisted we will invite you for interview on:
- 12th or 13th March in Belfast – The Mount Business Centre, 2 Woodstock Link, Belfast, BT6 8DD
- 15th or 16th March in Saunderton – The Clare Charity Centre, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, High Wycombe, HP14 4BF
Thank you for considering this role and please join us in prayer as we seek God’s wisdom in appointing the right candidate for this post.