Aims of the role
Wycliffe, of all organisations, should be able to communicate with current and potential supporters in Wales through the medium of their mother tongue. There is currently a need for more Welsh language resources/materials. We’re looking for a language assistant highly proficient in Welsh to create and communicate engaging content for a Welsh language speaking context.
Reports to: Wales Team Leader
Location: This role is located at the Wycliffe office in Bridgend
This position is designed for 1 or 2 days a week (7.5 - 15 hours). If you are able to offer more time than this, please do let us know. The more time you can give, the more varied your contribution can be. Normal office hours are 9 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Term of Appointment
The appointment will be a voluntary role and will include an appropriate probationary period.
- Assist the Wales team-leader in putting together a style guide for Wycliffe communications in Welsh, in collaboration with the communications officer
- Develop a ‘term bank’ resource covering the key terms needed to talk about the work of Wycliffe in Welsh, drawing on standard reference works and communicating with other organisations for this as appropriate
- Translate project profiles and project reports into Welsh
- Liaise with colleagues on the need for other material (both digital and printed) to be made available in Welsh
- It is an Occupational Requirement that the post holder be a committed Christian who assents to the Wycliffe Statement of Faith.
- Passionate about Wycliffe’s aims, personally committed to cross-cultural mission
- Excellent standard of written and spoken Welsh
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- IT literate, confident in using software packages such as Microsoft Office
- A high degree of personal organisation and self-management, with ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Ability to take appropriate initiative
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Personal experience of cross-cultural mission
- Problem-solver, with ability to find creative solutions.
For more information please email the Resourcing team