Aims of the role
Wycliffe’s Wales team has recently brought out a new publication with the aim of raising prayer support for members supported by Welsh churches and raising awareness of the impact of Bible translation in Wales.
Reports to: Wales Team Leader
Location: This role is located at the Wycliffe office in Bridgend
This position is designed for 2 or 3 days a week (15–22.5 hours). If you are able to offer more time than this, please do let us know. The more time you can give, the more varied your contribution can be. Normal office hours are 9 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Term of Appointment
The appointment will be a voluntary role and will include an appropriate probationary period.
- Assist the Wales team leader in producing ‘Wycliffe News Cymru’ three times a year
- Collate prayer updates from Welsh members for ‘Wycliffe News Cymru’
- Undertake guided research into possible stories and news items for inclusion in ‘Wycliffe News Cymru’
- Where appropriate, organise and undertake interviews with members and church leaders, and edit these for inclusion in magazine
- Use and adapt existing templates and appropriate software programmes to assemble content and layout for the magazine
- Liaise closely with the communications officer during the proofreading process
- Assist the Wales Team Leader in distributing the magazine
- It is an Occupational Requirement that the post holder be a committed Christian who assents to the Wycliffe Statement of Faith.
- Passionate about Wycliffe’s aims, personally committed to cross-cultural mission
- Excellent administrative skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- IT literate, confident in using software packages such as Microsoft Office
- A high degree of personal organisation and self-management, with ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Ability to take appropriate initiative
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in Welsh, both spoken and written
- Personal experience of cross-cultural mission
- Problem-solver, with ability to find creative solutions.
For more information please email the Resourcing team