We’re looking for a Finance Manager to serve with our colleagues in Asia. Could that be you?
You will need to bring plenty of accounting ability or aptitude to the role, and will quickly become familiar with organisational policies and practices. Current practices require familiarity with computer operations, specifically Microsoft Excel, an e-mail client and Sage 300. You should also have fluent spoken and written English.
You’ll begin with training, language learning and cultural orientation, and then work with a busy, friendly office team. The impact of your work together will reach multiple countries in Asia. You will facilitate the work of Bible translation teams, so that more people will be able to know Jesus through the Bible in the languages that speak to them best.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Processing accounting data
- Assemble journals and other data for review and import to the central accounting system
- Reconcile accounts and correct errors
- Review reports and accounts for outstanding balances, missing reports and other issues
- Establish monthly rates of exchange in consultation with cashiers
- Supervise the Assistant Accountant
- Reporting to managers and members
- Make appropriate and timely reports to officers and members
- Respond to queries concerning finance and accounting services
- Develop and recommend financial policies and procedures in consultation with entity leadership
- Reporting to international
- Make appropriate and timely reports to the corporate Vice President of Finance and Area Finance Coordinator
- Arrange the triennial audit of accounts
- Respond to recommendations received from the auditor
- Financial status
- Prepare and submit project budgets
- Monitor projects for compliance with approved budget.
Please note: This role is not salaried; you will need to develop your own team of prayer and financial supporters to meet your living costs and ministry needs.
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to find out more, please email email@example.com.