Aims of the role
The Supporter Care team exists to strengthen relationships between supporters and Wycliffe. The team does this by efficiently processing donations, keeping database records up to date, sending gift acknowledgements, answering enquiries and providing resources to enable supporters to fully engage with the work of Bible translation.
The primary aim of this role is to provide administrative support to the Supporter Care team by accurately processing donations through the supporter database, updating and maintaining the database, and providing general office and administrative support. Training will be provided for all tasks.
Working as part of the Supporter Care team, and adhering to all departmental procedures, the Supporter Care volunteer will:
- update and maintain the supporter database, including mailing preferences and changes of address
- input and amend personal records of donors on the database
- respond in a prompt, friendly and efficient manner to email enquiries from supporters, churches and Wycliffe staff, liaising with other Wycliffe departments as appropriate
- process gifts through the supporter database, including cheques and charity vouchers
- participate in team meetings, office prayer meetings, and wider staff meetings as appropriate.
Reports to: Supporter Care Team Leader
Location: This role is located at the Wycliffe office in Oxford.
This position is designed for 2 or 3 days a week (15–22.5 hours). If you are able to offer more time than this, please do let us know. The more time you can give, the more varied your contribution can be. Normal office hours are 9am–5.30pm, Monday to Friday.